Biogas production & Reference plants
Biogasproduction at Gryaab, Göteborg
In Västra Götaland biogas is produced for vehicle use in the following locations: Borås, Falköping, Göteborg, Skövde, Trollhättan, Ulricehamn and Vänersborg (Heljestorp).
- Borås: Borås Energi & Miljö AB operates 2 production plants based on household waste and sewage sludge. The plants are connected to a common upgrading facility.
- Falköping: Biogas is produced from sewage sludge, household waste and waste from the food processing industry. The gas is upgraded in a plant operated by Göteborg Energi/Falbygdens Energi.
- Gothenburg: Biogas is produced at GRYAAB and is mainly based on sewage sludge. Göteborg Energi owns and operates the upgrading plant, which is located close to GRYAAB. The biogas is pumped into the natural gas network for distribution to filling stations.
- Skövde: The municipality owns and operates an anaerobic digestion plant based on waste from abattoirs and sewage sludge. Some of the gas is upgraded. Planning of a new plant is underway and this is expected to be completed in 2011 with a capacity of 36 GWh.
- Trollhättan/Vänersborg: Biogas is produced at the wastewater treatment plant in Arvidstorp and in Heljestorp (owned by RagnSells) where the substrate is household waste and other business waste. The biogas from Heljestorp is distributed in a local gas network to Arvidstorp where it is upgraded. Trollhättan Energi owns and operates the upgrading plant.
- Ulricehamn: The municipality's energy company operates the production and upgrading plant in Ulricehamn. The production is based on sewage sludge.
- Lidköping: A biogas plant and a plant for liquid biogas will be ready in 2011 with a capacity of 60 GWh. Lidköping Municipality, Göteborg Energi and Swedish Biogas International are owners of the plants.
Subcontractors Below is a list of companies in western Sweden which are active in biogas production.